Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Scales

On those days when I have a moment to sit back and reflect on the duration of seconds, minutes, and hours that made up my life for that day, I habitually think in terms of 1 thru 10. The rating 1 is reserved for a hypothetical bad day colored by the thought of splitting my pants down the seam in a room full of people. A "10" would be a day during which I win a million dollars in the lottery and everyone I've ever bickered with calls me to say "you know, I meant to tell you that you were right about x,y, or z."

Today, the the crotch of my skinny jeans ripped. Literally. It was shocking. Though still the day weighs in somewhere around a "6". After some existential confusion, I'm now in the process of revamping my rating system and am open to suggestions.

2 comments:

Liz said...

You know what my suggestion is: Either 1 or 10. No middle ground.

Since today is a 6, I guess you have to round to 10.

Lauren Bans said...

I love you and you need to run for presdy in 2012 with the following campaign slogan: "She'll either give 100%, or fuck y'all."